Sunday, March 16, 2008

Well, here we go...

And for my first trick, a finished object!

Pattern: Le Slouch by Wendy Bernard
(free here)

Yarn: Malabrigo Angora purchased at Nina in Chicago, 2 Skeins in Cactus Flower colorway

Mods: none

I'm quite pleased with this hat, although every time I put it on I wonder whether I'm actually fooling anyone into thinking that I'm really a hot pink angora beret person. The pattern was really nice and simply written, which was good because I started it at 12:30 am when I couldn't sleep because my neighbors were having a noisy party, and stayed up until almost 5 watching The Poseidon Adventure and knitting away. I knew better than to tackle the decreases under such conditions, so I finished the top the next day.

Only time will tell whether this will actually see much wear, but I've worn it to work already and at least I know it stays on my head.

I can always use it as a pet substitue, maybe call it George?

No comments: