Sunday, May 11, 2008

Boston!

This weekend Tyler and I went to Boston.
We flew out of Chicago Friday evening, at that perfect time of night:
And speaking of perfect:
This is Tyler's first and only knitting project keeping a beer warm at Penguin, where I saw all my favorite Bostonians and threw back a few UFOs, and I don't mean the one in my knitting bag:
This is a little something I'm working on, a stripey cowl made of PeachyKnits MDK in Sea of Grass and Bloody Morning, purchased on Etsy. So nice, so fresh, so easy to knit on the plane!

My knitting bag was actually populated by something else that day:

New tops and a skirt from Savers - Yay cheap work clothes! Yay hot pink! Yay lemon shirt!


Cheap books from Savers and a silly sponge from Joann's
Has anyone else ever read The House with a Clock in its Walls?


Blue and white is love.


Ann, my adventure partner for the shopping extravaganza, noticed something interesting at Joann's:
Self-striping Sugar and Cream? What?? Oh hell yes.
We each bought two balls, and are planning an immediate two-person mitered square dishcloth knitalong. This is way more exciting than it probably should be. Details to come!

2 comments:

weaverknits said...

Yeah, knitalong, it's ON!!!

Anonymous said...

tee hee hee. This all looks like fun.