Thursday, May 7, 2009

My New Spring Skirt

Here's how I spent a good bit of the morning:

























Pattern: Great Fit Gored Skirt from Indygo Junction.
Fabric: part of an "irregular" Ralph Lauren sheet (bought years ago at Filene's Basement)

Lovely comfy waistband:










The only elastic I had happened to be the perfect width and length.
I put it on to take photos, and haven't taken it off since. I still have to figure out how I want to finish off the bottom edge, and now I'm wondering if I could add pockets without too much fuss. Maybe I'll keep this one as it is, and add pockets to some of the many more skirts I'll be making with this pattern.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! It looks great, and I love the sheet re-using. I haven't worked up the courage to try and sew something intended for wear. Can't wait to see the skirts to come!