Friday, February 27, 2009

Spring Planting

In addition to last year's surviving basil and nasturtium, and a very leggy geranium from 2004ish, I will soon have:
  • more basil
  • carrots
  • tomatoes
  • spinach
  • garlic
  • strawberries
  • marigolds
  • candytufts
  • lavender
I am already beginning to have radishes:

The nice thing about living in a city apartment with no outdoor space is that I can start my seeds as soon as they are available at the hardware store, without having to worry about the appropriate week to transplant them outdoors.


Chris said...

Ah ha! well that explains that, doesn't it! I love the idea of having marigolds inside! I just might have to do the same! Oh, and I too have a leggy geranium that has survived many years traveling between my kitchen (winter) and porch (spring)! I just love when it blooms in the winter!

KGLO said...

That's amazing!! I can never get stuff to grow. In fact, even when I buy it already-alive, they tend to die....

wicked cool :)

weaverknits said...

That's an ambitious collection of little pots you have there; I'm particularly impressed that you moved from Boston to Chicago with that geranium.

By the way, I LOVE the new windowpane scarf pattern. I want one in the very color you used, but will force myself to look to the stash instead...