Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Caroline Cloche in Popknits

The summer issue of Popknits is live, and I've got a pattern in it! It's Caroline, a lightweight summer (or spring or fall (or winter, if you don't live in Chicago)) cloche with classic pleats and a grosgrain hatband.


















The yarn is Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool, which I had never used before making this hat, and which is now one of my favorites.













In summary: go check it out!

(Many thanks to Nancy for test knitting and Leslie for modeling!)

8 comments:

Auntie X said...

Very cute!

Melinda said...

Great hat! Well done on your pattern.

CJ said...

I love this! I've been looking for a cute cloche pattern (clearly we both belong in the 1920s). Congrats on being published pretty much everywhere!

Hannah Six said...

I really love this cloche. The pleats are a wonderful touch. Perfect!
Best wishes for ongoing success :-)
Hannah

Unknown said...

i would love to get the pattern for this hat, but the popknits links are all dead, is it located elsewhere?

MICHELE said...

Hi ! I like your hat-cloche but I can't download it via Ravelry and also via Popknits. I find the model trhough a shop calls "TRICOTIN" (France). Can you help me, please ? Thank you.

Martine said...

Impossible d'obtenir votre free...dommage

lG2 said...

Good morning,
I’m trying to knit this hat for my mom. Right now I’m at the pleat point. I’ve never made a pleat before can some one please help me. I think the knitting three sts at once from three different needles is throwing me off.

Thank you
Giovanni