Sunday, June 14, 2009

New

New Summer Blouse
(does "blouse" sound antiquated?)













Pattern is McCall's 5388, View B
Fabric is a pale blue cotton with white ginkgo leaves, which I bought at JoAnn Fabrics years ago.
I shortened the whole thing by about 6" because I didn't have as much fabric as I needed. I like this length, though, and probably wouldn't have wanted it longer.
Check out this finishing inside the underarm:













New Finished Sweater

















Pattern is Green Tea Raglan from Interweave Spring 2007
(which I started knitting in Spring 2007)
Yarn is Nashua Creative Focus Superwash in color 11
I ended up with accidental bracelet-length sleeves on this, which I am not sure I don't hate. I'll try wearing it as-is (and maybe I'll love it) but there's a good chance I'm going to snip the sleeves at 3/4 length and reknit the edging. Also the neckline is a little weird, but that I'm getting used to. (I think it stands up like that because I used wool instead of the recommended bamboo.)

Newly Big Tomato Plants

















Okay, so maybe they've been big for a while, but I just wrangled them into a tomato cage and tied them up, so they're newly tall. No buds yet, but I'm thinking any day now.
By the way, the secret to getting leggily overgrown tomato plants into cages is to cut the cages almost all the way up one side and then open them like a clam shell, instead of trying to get them up into a cage without breaking off a lot of branches.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed! What a fabulous multi-creator. (maybe gardening isn't crafting, but it's creating something, right?)

weaverknits said...

Dang, girl, that's some impressive finishing there!

As for the green tea raglan, I love the color, actually like the neckline, and think you should shorten the sleeves to 3/4 length. "Bracelet length" to me means "I push up my sleeves a little because they are a bit too short."

Songbird Mama said...

hi Hannah!

I received a copy of your ilene bag a couple months ago. It has been sitting in my knitting bag until last week, where I found the pattern and whipped it up...and I love it!
I have looked through your patterns and am drawn to them, so thanks for sharing them!

have a lovely day
Ansley