Sunday, June 15, 2008

Just a Quickie

Last night I got bored with everything I was knitting, so I cast on for Thorpe. I finished it early this afternoon, and I love everything about it. I especially love the yarn, which is Blue Sky Worsted Hand Dyes in Chocolate. Normally I don't use many chunky yarns (the label says "worsted," but I'd say "chunky," since I was getting a nice fabric on size 10 1/2 needles) but this was calling to me. Now that I've used my one skein, I'm wishing I had enough for a sweater. Not that I need another sweater project. The contrast edging is doubled Blue Face Leicester DK, left over from my Shetland Triangle. I only had a few inches of yarn left after the braids and the weaving-in of ends. Also, I keep forgetting to mention that I published my Ilene Bag pattern as a free Ravelry download last week.
Help yourselves!

9 comments:

erngrn said...

that little grocery bag is cute! i've been seeing it on a million blogs lately. i might opt to make it myself!!

i'm always excited when i find new knitting blogs to lurk.

:)

nicole said...

The hat looks good. Are they just earflaps or does the bottom part go all the way around?

hannah said...

The garter brim goes all the way around, and is a bit deeper in the back than in the front. There are more photos in Ravelry and also in my Flickr account.

Anonymous said...

WHOA! IT'S THE SAME BOX!!

Is Thorpe supposed to look like those old leather football helmets? Cuz that's wicked cool.

weaverknits said...

I'm sorry, I just stopped back here and realized you win the title of "Looks Best in All Hats." Seriously. The sillier the hat, the better you make it look. I mean, this is kind of a silly hat, but you look just perfect. You win.

Team Knit said...

I've been looking for just that sort of pattern to make a bunch of bags for groceries- thanks for sharing!!

- Julie

Ashley said...

ryc: The Wire has definitely sucked me in! I don't know if I love it as much as Homicide (which it's a spinoff of), but I've got one disc left of season one and I'm dying to know how it ends.

Anonymous said...

hehe. Glad you liked it. I was really hoping it wasn't going to be moldy by the time it got to you....

I'm sorry Chicago is so cold....maybe it's an excuse to buy more yarn?

Germasidle said...

Really great patterns and the hat looks terrific on you. After spending so much time doing Craftmas, I think I'll get started early and hats, scarves and bags are always fabulous gifts!
~Shelley/ staysik/ and the other half of Germasidle