Sunday, June 1, 2008

Tempest, Treats, Tolstoy, and Test Runs

I've been knitting stripes all weekend, and I'm finished with the waist shaping for Tempest.The brown yarn (Harrisville New England Shetland) is really scratchy compared with the green (Knitpicks Shadow) so I'm really happy whenever I finish a brown stripe. I can't wait to wash and block this to soften it.

When I got home on Friday, grumpy from a hideously stressful work week, I found a birthday package containing these items:
Boy, did I cheer up quick! I changed my earrings and started blowing Miracle Bubbles in the kitchen. Who doesn't love bubbles?
I also learned something I didn't know:
Thank you, Kate!

The War and Peacealong has commenced with a vengeance. The Ravelry group is already 33 members strong, and it seems like we have a really interesting and thoughtful bunch of people. I'm looking forward to the discussions - I started reading this weekend, and I think I'm really going to enjoy this.
In addition to the reading, I'm going to undertake another colossus I've been considering for a long time: the Fitted Jacket with Embroidery from Norsk Strikkedesign. I'm going to use Berroco Ultra Alpaca, (AKA my favorite yarn ever). I just have to pick colors - not so easy with over seventy to choose from!

I'm already swatching with the multitude of scraps and odd-balls I have left from other projects. Working from the enormous chart is reminding me of Brocade, but without the horrible intarsia torture. Fair isle is SO MUCH BETTER.

The answer to the question I posed in my last post is coming very soon. Any last-minute guessers had better hurry up!

2 comments:

weaverknits said...

Okay, okay, I'm a last minute guesser: it is cotton from cotton balls. No, wait, it is cottony discharge from the cottonwood trees that are doing their thing about now. Yes, that is my guess.

I'm so glad you're making the fitted jacket... if it turns out amazingly, I'll have to make one (oh, wait, I said that about Brocade, too, after I saw yours, and we all know where that one stands).

Chama said...

Ok you know I have no idea what that yarn is..but cant wait to find out..lol...

I know whatever color you choose of your favorite yarn I know that jacket will be lovely...