Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Gail/Nightsongs

I finished this shawl a few weeks ago, and I just love it.













It's Gail/Nightsongs by Jane Araujo, aka Mawelucky. I used a lot of these suggestions/modifications and was quite pleased with the results. I don't know how many repeats I knitted, (maybe 6?) but I was using smaller needles (size 4 US) and ended up with the perfect small shawl-or-scarf size for wrapping once around the neck, like this:














This yarn, Yarn Treehouse Bloom, is wonderfully light and airy, and the color shading is lovely, especially when held double (knitted from both ends simultaneously). It shifted back and forth between warm and bright, from red-orange to yellow-orange and back, and basically made me happy just to look at it and work on it. Thanks Ann!

2 comments:

myblackfriendsays said...

It looks very delicate--nice work!

Anonymous said...

pretty :)

I found a position they had open there for a knitwear designer and impulsively applied. I got two interviews and they went with the other chick, but they offered to let me test knit, so that's fun. I probably wouldn't have been a very good designer anyway.