Thursday, September 8, 2011

Octopus-Pod

Finished object alert!

An innocent looking capsule...



But lo - what is this?

Something begins to emerge!

Partially transformed,

Welcome, Octopus!






























































Pattern: Cephalohedron by Erica Schlueter
From: Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts 2011
Yarn: Cascade 220 Sport
Needles: Size 4 US (16" circular and DPNs)

This pattern is awesome.  Clear and well-written (there was one minor error - see my Rav notes)  I love that I didn't have to sew any pieces - everything is knit together as you go, even the eyes!  Also, it is self-stuffing, so I didn't have to look for my elusive bag of ancient fiber-fill.  I started on Sunday and finished on Wednesday.  I could see making some of these as holiday gifts if I had any children on the list.

Cascade 220 Sport is also awesome.  The name is slightly misleading - it's only 164 yards - but this stuff has great stitch definition and is dirt cheap to boot.  It's just $4/a skein at the Fiber Gallery, and two skeins will definitely make two cephalohedrons, or possibly even three.  I really have no excuse not to make at least one more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUDE.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AJ Zipper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AJ Zipper said...

I actually have a question for you about your trilobite hat pattern on Ravelry and didn't know where else to ask.

The pattern is made using a #4 yarn but am i able to use a #5 to make it a little floppy? Thank you in advance, LOVE your hat!!!